As he thinketh in his heart, so is (s)he.
- Proverbs 23.7a
Ok, this is taken a bit out of context of the FULL bible verse, but apropos to the message below – which is from a book by Earnie Larsen called "Believing in Myself"
…the message is as clear and direct as it appears to be: Our thoughts define not only ourselves, but all expectations of what will become of our efforts and dreams.
Positive self-esteem is largely a matter of being grounded in positive thought. Many of us are only dimly aware of the constant dialogue going on in our heads…our thoughts dictate the quality of our lives.
How does MY self-talk affect the way that I succeed in all aspects of my life? So many times I catch myself using words that are hurting, harmful and shaming towards me. I would NEVER speak to someone else the way I have caught myself lately talking about me or parts of me.
Loser
Fat
GD Knee
- Proverbs 23.7a
Ok, this is taken a bit out of context of the FULL bible verse, but apropos to the message below – which is from a book by Earnie Larsen called "Believing in Myself"
…the message is as clear and direct as it appears to be: Our thoughts define not only ourselves, but all expectations of what will become of our efforts and dreams.
Positive self-esteem is largely a matter of being grounded in positive thought. Many of us are only dimly aware of the constant dialogue going on in our heads…our thoughts dictate the quality of our lives.
How does MY self-talk affect the way that I succeed in all aspects of my life? So many times I catch myself using words that are hurting, harmful and shaming towards me. I would NEVER speak to someone else the way I have caught myself lately talking about me or parts of me.
Loser
Fat
GD Knee
Ugly
Stupid
Un-disciplined
Lazy
________fill in the blank.
I am working daily – sometimes minute by minute – to remember to be kind and loving in my self-talk.
Stupid
Un-disciplined
Lazy
________fill in the blank.
I am working daily – sometimes minute by minute – to remember to be kind and loving in my self-talk.
- I have a strong and healthy body
- I have great hair (really, I do!)
- I am NOT ugly
- I’m very disciplined
- I’m extremely talented in my profession and respected for my knowledge by my peers
- I'm a good employee
- I am a kind and loving daughter
- I'm a wonderful aunt to 3 biological nieces/nephews and countless "heart" ones
- I am a loyal and faithful friend
- I am a beloved child of God
As Tyler Perry said to Maya Angelou - "I am worthy, because I exist. Because I exist, I am worthy" I need to remember this and embrace the truth.
No comments:
Post a Comment