Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Sweetness of Love


The sweetness of love...

Second time around for dad -- I see him so gently holding Marian's hand as they walk down the stairs to the beach.

Later, it seems almost like spying... They are sitting on a driftwood log, leaning into each other. Telling secrets? Who knows. Maybe sweet words of love. Maybe just keeping the wind off each other.


My heart fills-- with happiness for dad and Marian, and also with sadness for me. When is my time?




1 comment:

  1. I have had your blog bookmarked for months! I check back every month or so to see if you have updated ... and here you are!

    I loved your poem and I love this post. I have been married for almost 28 years and do not have that kind of closeness as exhibited by your Dad and Marion. so sweet. sniff

    I really never knew loneliness until I got married. Interesting, innit? My choice to stay. He is just an emotionally challenged guy. I'm okay until I see couples my age laughing, holding hands, being so mindful of each other...

    sigh... maybe our day will come, Helen ;)

    In the meantime, I try and fill up my emotional needs with a hug from m'cats. I have an 18 month old g'baby that lives a couple of hours away. I see her a couple of days a month and that's my heart!

    I see Good Luck Duck in your followers list and that must be how I came onto your blog ... ;)

    MONTHS ago... ;) hope you post more. I enjoy reading your stuff.

    ReplyDelete