This is what I FEEL!!!!
What do I know?
- I know that tomorrow - or Wednesday or maybe even Thursday, I'll feel better.
- My cane is a "helper" not a symbol of weakness.
- I know that I can reign in the food - it's just choosing to do it.
- I know that I'm not a loser.
- I have to work - so going back to bed and sleeping for a week just won't work.
- Michelle and Bonnie are helping me in the process - and I can't quit them, cause I would be quitting ME
- It's ok to be sad and lonely - and food won't make me feel better.
- It will get better.
Hang in there, I have those days as well. Search and find your why, it is there and it is powerful. The first time in my life when I got everything under control, my why was to find the love of my life. It worked and I found what I was looking for. This time around it is my children and pursuing my dreams. I am very specific with my why and I have already visualized as if it is real and if it is now. Even with all of that, I have days like you are having. Here is a huge cyber-hug! :-0 That always sounds so naughty... look now I am blushing! Keep the faith and hang in there, you are worth it!
ReplyDeleteMrs. H. You are entitled to your no good very bad day. Nobody doesn't get them. You are not a failure for having a bad day. You are just having a bad day. Not just as in "just" but as in yes this is a bad day and I just need to have one. Think about the good days and this really will be "just" a bad day. I like Todd's "why" thing. the good days are the why. You are one of my whys. I'm sorry today was the chasm of darkness. I know you will find a way to turn on your light. Love you, my friend. We have adventures to make happen.
ReplyDeleteHelen, you need to get yourself a sheep. Having a cat at home and a sheep in the car will finally complete you in ways you can only imagine... :) Know that the darkness is necessary for the light to shine. But you can choose to be in the short nights of summer in the northwest, or the long nights of winter. Just like your bike riding analogy, here is another aspect to consider. You can either ride your bike or take your chances with a mad pedal cab driver. It is ok to be down, as long as it is just so that you can climb back up the hill for another wild ride!
ReplyDelete