"Maybe we should spend less time trying to fill emptiness and more time trying to feel emptiness. Maybe that's where there's healing."
hmm, read this on on another website today. This gets back to BK's theory about embracing your pain. "...it is so essential to any personal growth - emotional, spiritual, physically. There is no maturing in Christ with embracing pain. There is no lasting change without embracing pain."
How do you go about that? You find the areas (subject, memories, relationships) that make you cry, grieve, angry - or any other feeling. Stick to the yucky feelings since those are the ones you are after to heal.
The hard part is that ALL healing requires pain - and I don't like pain. I just need to remember that I no longer need to be anesthetized. I can stand still and feel my feelings.
This is the process that I need to go through on my weight loss journey. Understand what "shapes" the weight. What do I need to feel? To ask myself "am I hungry, OR am I feeding something else?"
- To remember to eat when I'm hungry
- Stop when I'm full
- DON'T eat feelings
- Food is fuel - NOT love
No comments:
Post a Comment